At Bright Learning Centre, we provide training for Life in the UK exam. It is a legal requirement by Home Office for every individual, who is looking to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or British Citizenship need to give Life in the UK Test. Our qualified and experienced teachers have successfully helped many students to Life in the UK test practice and then to the final exam.
The main objective of the Life in The UK test is to ensure that everyone living in the UK has good knowledge of life in the United Kingdom.
We, at Bright Learning offer Life in The UK classes in a very friendly environment. We have different and flexible classes available to suit the need of the students. We deliver these classes in different languages to help our learners to have full understanding of Life in the UK test.
This course is available to study in Online or Classroom.
Onine or Classroom
Learning – 4 weeks
129 Evington road, Leicester, LE2 1QJ
120 Melton Road, Leicester, LE4 5ED
The course will allow you to study with us in Classroom based environment or distance learning at your own pace.
Whichever method you choose to learn with us, you will receive all of the course material and support from our qualified and experienced tutors. We will be giving you advice and helping you throughout your course to support your learning journey.
You can register onto the course by paying online, bank transfer or booking an appointment at one of our centres. We deliver Life in the UK test training in following ways:
We deliver Life in the UK test training in flexible classes available during the weekdays and weekends. To start the training we complete following steps:
• An initial assessment with the learner to find their level of English and understanding
• Recognise any difficulties to support individuals’ learning needs
• Individual learning plan to make your learning journey easier
• Begin your learning process by arranging suitable classes for you
Once you register for online training, you will receive online login details within 24 hours of your purchase. On our e-learning portal, you will be able to learn chapter wise, a brief summary of all the topics. You will also be completing practice tests for each chapter.
There is no formal examination for this course but at the end of the course, you will have to submit the portfolio. The course is assessed by your portfolio and your ability to deliver the Micro-teaching session. Learners will be competing for the following:
• Three written assignments
• One micro-teaching session – If you have enrolled to complete classroom based PTLLS course in Leicester, then you will deliver this session in a classroom setup with group of other learners or it can be submitted as recorded video if you are completing the course online or via distance learning.
In the actual test, the learner is given 45 minutes to complete the test. There are 24 questions in the test which are randomly selected from the Life in the UK book. The learner has to answer 18 questions correctly to gain 75% pass marks. The test fee is £ 65.00. You can give your Life in the UK test in Leicester, However, the test is also conducted at many different locations all around the UK.
• The fundamental principles of British life
• Becoming a permanent resident
• Taking the Life in the UK test
• The different countries that makeup the UK
• The History of Early Britain
• The Medieval period or Middle ages
• The Tudor and the Stuarts
• A Global Power
• The 20th Century
• Britain since 1945
• The UK today
• Customs and traditions
• Arts and culture
• Places of interest
• The British constitution
• The government
• The UK and international institutions
• Respecting the law
• Fundamental principles
• Your role in the community
Once you complete the qualification successfully then you will be awarded a Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and training certificate.
PEARSON is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government in Wales and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
PEARSON aim to provide qualifications that meet the needs of industry. They are designed by leading professionals and delivered to centres and learners with integrity and compliance in mind.
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training can progress to the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training or the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. Besides, you could begin to work as a Tutor/Trainer/Teaching Assistant. The average salary you can earn in the UK is between £15000 – £18000per annum.
Bright Learning Centre is an accredited, registered and recognised training provider. We have qualified and experienced staff who work hard to ensure our learners pass their Life in the UK test. Following are the reasons why you should choose us to prepare for your test:
• Our tutors use a variety of teaching methods such as one to one support, PowerPoint presentations, brief notes and regular mock exams.
• We have Small group classes
• Flexible classes timing available
• Morning, afternoon and evening sessions available
• Our tutors create an individual learning plan to meet each individual’s learning needs.
• We also offer support in booking your test at no extra cost
• 99 % pass rates
• One to one training available
• Although not all of our learners need translation, we do have multilingual members of staff who have successfully trained learners by speaking and understanding the following languages: Urdu, Hindi, Gujrati, Punjabi, Bengali and Katchi.
• Pass your test first time
• Fast track Life in the UK test training
• Quiet and friendly learning Environment
• Regular feedback to learners to help them improve their learning journey
• We provide continuous support and guidance to build your confidence.
• Multiple mock tests before the final test
You must pass a B1 Secure English Language Test (SELT) in at least CEFR level B1 in Speaking and Listening to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or British Citizenship. For more information and book a B1 English Language Course, Please visit https://brightlearningcentre.co.uk/B1-test
Life in the UK test is for anyone that is between the age range of 18 to 65 years and is applying for indefinite leave to remain (Settlement) or British citizenship. You do not need to take the test if you are: • under 18 • 65 or over • have passed it before. • have a long-term health related condition (must be supported by a doctor’s note)
On average it takes around 5 weeks to prepare each student to pass the Life in the UK exam. However, the course is flexible, and some students can pass the exam within 2-3 weeks while others may take up to 4-6 weeks.
We deliver Life in the UK test training in flexible classes available during the weekdays and weekends.
No, the test fee is £ 65 and is separate from our training. It is conducted in a government test center at many different locations all around the UK.
No, it is a part of the evidence and is specifically stated on the list of the required documents that you need to provide the certificate before applying for the settlement in the UK.
The only way you can book your Life in the UK test is through the government’s website. Simply go to the official website, create an account and you will get an option to choose a test center closest to your home address. Select your nearest centre, choose a time and date, and then pay for the test fees. The required documents include an accepted form of ID, such as a valid passport, photo travel document, biometric residence permit or card.
After 10 minutes or so, you will be informed by the test supervisor if you have passed or failed the test. If you passed the test, you are awarded a certificate that you have passed the test and a unique ID number.
After passing the life in the UK test, you will receive a pass certificate which is valid for life. There is no need to take the test again, even if you decide to progress with your immigration journey after 12 months on ILR for British citizenship.
At Bright Learning, we provide unlimited group training for all students if they do not pass their exam the first time. However, you need to wait 7 days before taking the test again, but you can take the test as many times as you need.
No, you will not be able to give the exam online as you will need to be present in the UK and at a government approved test centre.