1What does a 3-day first aid course involve?
Level 3 First Aid at Work is a 3-day course that will include both theory and practical sessions, covering the roles and responsibilities of the First Aider. It helps in assessing an incident; recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness; aiding a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness, chest injuries, and anaphylaxis.
2What is the difference between Level 2 and Level 3 First Aid?
Emergency First aid at Work was recognised as being a level 2 qualification. This is a 1-day course and covers basic first aid, usually for those working in low-hazard environments. First aid at Work was recognised as being a level 3 qualification. This is a 3-day course and is suitable for those working in a high-hazard environment.
3How long does my First Aid certificate last for?
First Aid certificates are valid for three years from their date of issue. However, it is recommended by HSE that First Aiders must attend annual refresher training to help maintain basic skills and keep up to date with any changes to first-aid procedures.
First Aid certificate renewal depends on the course that you completed:-
1) First Aid at Work (3 day): As a qualified First Aider with this certificate, you need to complete the First Aid at Work Requalification (2 day) to gain another three-year certificate. Once your First Aid at Work (3 day) certificate expires, you have 28 days to complete the First Aid at Work Requalification. If you are unable to complete the 2-day requalification course within these 28 days, then you need to re-take the full 3-day First Aid at Work courses.
2) Emergency First Aid at Work: There is no requalification course required for Emergency First Aid at Work certificate. Being a First Aider, you need to complete the whole course again to remain a qualified Emergency First Aider at Work.
3) Paediatric First Aid: There is no requalification course required for a Paediatric First Aid certificate. To remain qualified Paediatric First Aider, you need to complete the whole course again. This is particularly applicable for Registered Childminders as your registration is considered invalid without a valid Paediatric First Aid certificate.
4What qualifications do you need to be a first aider?
To become a first aider, you must hold a valid certificate of competence in either first aid at work or emergency first aid at work or any other level of training or qualification that is appropriate to the circumstances.
5How long is the first aider training course?
First aid at work (FAW) training courses involve at least 18 hours of guided training and run over a minimum of three days whereas Emergency first aid at work (EFAW) training courses involve at least six hours of guided training and run over a minimum of one day.
6Can you fail a first aid course?
You cannot fail a first aid course. It is a self-paced training course where each module has a test. If you do not pass the test, you will be asked to review the module again and then re-take the module test.
7How much does a first aid course cost in the UK?
First aid training costs vary depending on the location and the training provider.
• 1-Day Emergency First Aid at Work Training Cost – £70-£130
• 3-Day First Aid at Work Training Cost – £185-£300
• First Aid at Work Requalification – £150-£250
8Can you become a qualified first aider online?
The short answer is no. You cannot complete an online first aid course as appropriate First Aid training is required which includes face-to-face training and assessment of practical skills.
9Are online first aid courses valid in the UK?
Online First Aid courses cannot meet the legal requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. HSE does not recognise the First Aid training that has been delivered purely online.
10How Many First Aiders Do I Need?
As per HSE, if you work in a company with 5-50 workers, there should be at least one appointed person who is trained in first aid. For every 50 workers after that, another first-aider should be in place. Accidents can occur, even in low-risk organisations with few employees.
11How can I book my first aid course?
You can book this course online or via e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01162101070.
If you have a group of up to 12 people who need first aid or health and safety training, you could save time and money by booking as a group. We can even come to you!